Sandy Barrie being thanked by NCCA President Patrick Makhubela.
The Gauteng branch of the National Contract Cleaners Association (NCCA) held its annual AGM during August at the premises of Numatic International in Midrand. Branch Chairman Patrick Makhubela presented his annual report and expressed his delight in the ability to meet in person once again, following the repeal of the protracted pandemic restrictions.
The following salient points were covered:
- The Gauteng branch reported another outstanding year as the audited financial statements attested to.
- During the very successful visit to the world’s largest cleaning exhibition, Interclean Amsterdam, by a South African delegation the NCCA received confirmation from the ISSA, the worldwide association for the cleaning industry that the NCCA is regarded as the industry body of choice in South Africa which automatically entitles NCCA members to ISSA membership.
- Makhubela expressed his gratitude to compliance auditors Richard Gordon-Brown, Kevin McIIroy and Paul Roux for their vital role in ensuring credibility of the branch as compliance is one of the best benefits the NCCA can offer members.
- The new NCCA website was launched and presented to members by Arthur Bath who urged members to provide comments/suggestions for further improvement.
- Sandy Barrie resigned from her position as Gauteng and Limpopo secretary, following a period of more than seven years at the industry body. Sandy has been instrumental in rebuilding the Gauteng branch and the establishment of the fifth NCCA branch, Limpopo. Barrie was lauded for her excellent administrative skills, hardworking ethic and comprehensive knowledge in the running of an association.
- The branch reported the collective of contract cleaning members employed 63,422 cleaners. The office still receives numerous requests for membership on a daily basis as many are starting up cleaning companies as they feel it is an easy entry into the professional cleaning industry.
During a subsequent meeting held at the offices of Cleaning Africa Services the following individuals were elected to the NCCA Gauteng branch executive committee:
Chairman – Lennox Batchelor (Bidvest Prestige), pictured here, Vice Chairman –Patrick Nndwamanto (Cleaning Africa Services), Treasurer – Sushie Naidoo (Nakisani)
Other committee members: Patrick Makhubela – Neledzi Cleaning Services, Pieter van der Westhuizen – Afriboom, Janine Botha – Numatic International, Dave Reynolds – Supercare